Chaotic and Fractal Dynamics: An Introduction for Applied
Scientists and Engineers
Francis C. Moon, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, New York
I-0-471-54571-6 1992 528pp cloth $64.95
A revision of a professional text on the phenomena of chaotic
vibrations in fluids and solids. Major changes reflect the latest
developments in this fast-moving topic, the introduction of
problems to every chapter, additional mathematics and
applications, more coverage of fractals, numerous computer and
physical experiments. Contains eight pages of 4-color pictures.
- How to Identify Chaotic Vibrations.
- Models for Chaos; Maps and Flows.
- Chaos in Physical Systems.
- Experimental Methods in Chaotic Vibrations.
- Criteria for Chaotic Vibrations.
- Fractals and Dynamical Systems.
- Spatiotemporal Chaos.
Graduate Students, Instructors, Engineers, Physicists, Chemists,